• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasket makers

Mrgior31513

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Again, to all who may have followed my advice, please refrain in the future... :sick:
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, mistakes are gonna happen. It's always up to the individual to check when following someone else's advice, especially on nuts/bolts and parts that are untested lol. Trying to find better and/or cheaper solutions for problems and taking the time to share your experience, even if it turns out to be wrong, it's still a valuable learning experience and a worthwhile endeavor.

Also, this is a pretty good one, probably gonna re-use this one down the road:
"Simple actually, if you put them in the wash and then into the dryer on high temperature for about 45 minutes, the shrink ration is exactly 49.74%, (the rest is negligible you may have to fill the rest in with RTV)."

Thunderbirds

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, mistakes are gonna happen. It's always up to the individual to check when following someone else's advice, especially on nuts/bolts and parts that are untested lol. Trying to find better and/or cheaper solutions for problems and taking the time to share your experience, even if it turns out to be wrong, it's still a valuable learning experience and a worthwhile endeavor.
Yea, thanks for the encouragement... But, it happened to Mogman. That stings a bit. The Mog has been there for me many a times....

Guyfang

Staff member
Been in Whitewood more that a few times. A long time ago, when my Aunt was still alive, we came to visit there every few years. Always when the Rally was on. I worked on the house and grounds to pay for our stay. My son worked a few years in Ansbach with the Police. I spent many days working there also as a contractor. Not far away at all. Small world.

Thunderbirds

I am now digging into the steering control arm as a leak developed. I found the mounting bolts were not as tightly installed as it should be (65 ft lbs), so I need to redo the driver side. Looking into the gasket stuff, I found some VERY educational videos from Permatex, explaining almost every question I had, and backing up @Dieselmeister 's earlier post. This is great knowledge, so it needs to be shared:

Anaerobic:

Which one to use:

Hope this helps others who are curious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks