• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Gauge Panel

Barrman

Both of my 1951 M35's have no gauge panel. I saw a picture of a Gasser panel the other day in a thread about a fire truck somebody just bought. Other than that, I have never seen one.

Besides not having a tach, are they the same gauges as the A2?

What about size, will an A2 panel screw right in?

Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gauge panel size is different. You cannot simply bolt in the tach gauge panel into the gasser. If you were to change the entire dash so that you could use the tach gauge panel, you will also need to change/modify the brace that goes from the firewall to the dash behind the steering column. I'm thinking the M151 gauge panel is the same as the gasser gauge panel. They look the same but I've never measured them.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Kenny is correct, I'm thinking of the M37 or G744 I believe which will interchange.

Editted, not the M37 - must be the 5 ton gasser

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the M151 will fit, I know where some are with all the gauges.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dunno, I'll go there after the holidays and see. I know there is both, the kind in my M35A2 and the mutt. Will the one from the mutt fit for sure? If i remember correctly, I paid 25 or 30 for a complete one for the deuce.

Attachments

Barrman

Don't buy anything yet. I know the cab on the one already home is just about beyond repair due to rust. The other cab hasn't been looked at too close yet. I have a spare A2 cab already and access to another A2 cab. So, I might end up with the tach panel. I know where a few of them are locally too.

I will measure the Dzus fastener spacing over the weekend and post up what they are.

Barrman

I'm a week late, but here are the measurements.

Top right to bottom left center of Dzus hole to center of Dzus hole=13-1/4"

top left to bottom left center to center =6-1/4"

This is just a 1/2" bigger in all regards than my M715 gauge panel. Can somebody measure what ever they think might fit and see how close they are? Thanks.

westfolk

Speaking of instrument panels. How's this one? Anyone know what truck it's in. Not to hi-jack the thread...it may be helpfull.

Attachments

mangus580

This looks like a retrofit panel for a mutli engine in a gas truck. I have seen one somewhere before... Was it in one of your trucks?

westfolk

Yeah, I should have said you or Eric aren't allowed to answer. You guys can cheat cause you already saw it. That is a lovely pic isn't it. Couldn't find the original so I could clean it up. But I figure for this it would be good enough.

westfolk

Mang,
It's in the 1952 REO M109 that was actually more like an M109A3 that is now an M35A2C. That's a mouth full.

Barrman

Gassers had no tach right? From looking under the dash, it seems like the air psi was an electric gauge. I have two electric senders under the dash hooked into the air system. I figure one is for the buzzer and the other for the gauge. Did I guess right?

Thanks for all the help. I',m not in a hurry until I have more money to throw at it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have also seen deuces with an "add on" tach under the dash. It is the same as the in dash tach, mounted almost directly under the gauge panel. It mounts with a very simple bracket, similar to what racers used in the Sixties to mount the big, distributor take-off, cable driven race tachs (think Moroso).

I surfed the web this morning to try and find a pic, but came up blank. It's been a while since I saw one. A few years ago, Oshkosh Equipment had a couple of Deuces so equipped.

I do not think gassers had tachs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks