• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Gauge Panel

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still getting rid of LeRoi parts there Joel. That truck was a great investment for sure.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
clinto said:
I have also seen deuces with an "add on" tach under the dash. It is the same as the in dash tach, mounted almost directly under the gauge panel. It mounts with a very simple bracket, similar to what racers used in the Sixties to mount the big, distributor take-off, cable driven race tachs (think Moroso).

I surfed the web this morning to try and find a pic, but came up blank. It's been a while since I saw one. A few years ago, Oshkosh Equipment had a couple of Deuces so equipped.

I do not think gassers had tachs.
I knew I would find it again one day......

The picture below shows the "add-on" tach....I found it on the truck on GL (link below)

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1085694

Attachments

Barrman

Hey, I like that. Thanks for the picture.

Thanks also to the two people who sent me gauge panels too. Please stop though, I have it covered now. Whoever is in Tempe and sent me a panel, please PM me your Paypal address so I can at least pay your postage. I can't make out the name on the envelope. Thank you both very much.

Barrman

Just bumping this thread back up so whoever is in Tempe and sent me the gauge panel might see it. Send me a PM with Paypal info so I can pay your postage. Thank you for the panel.

JDToumanian

What kind of tach drive would be used on a gasser and where would it connect to the engine? It would be convenient if the same drive as a multifuel could be driven off the cam gears...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks