• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser lifting shackles

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there anything different other than the ID?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The diameter is different also they can't lay flat against the bumper. If I was home I could post a pic.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice Mule in the background, Maccus! :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a specific year that the change took place, (to 1")? If the year is undefined, what would be the problem in using the 1" mounts and lift rings?

Barrman

I will defer to DD on this as well. But, my 1952 and my 1953 trucks both came with 1" mounts and the angled over shackles on them. I don't have my 1954 printed 9-8022 here at work to look at. However, the pictures in it show the angled over ones on all the trucks. Then, my 1952 printed ORD 9 which is basically a -30P manual has listings for both types of shackles and mounts. I don't remember what the pictures show in that one.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the very first ones (51-52) had the straight shackles. Every M48 picture i've seen has the straight ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks