• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser lifting shackles

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is there anything different other than the ID?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The diameter is different also they can't lay flat against the bumper. If I was home I could post a pic.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice Mule in the background, Maccus! :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a specific year that the change took place, (to 1")? If the year is undefined, what would be the problem in using the 1" mounts and lift rings?

Barrman

I will defer to DD on this as well. But, my 1952 and my 1953 trucks both came with 1" mounts and the angled over shackles on them. I don't have my 1954 printed 9-8022 here at work to look at. However, the pictures in it show the angled over ones on all the trucks. Then, my 1952 printed ORD 9 which is basically a -30P manual has listings for both types of shackles and mounts. I don't remember what the pictures show in that one.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the very first ones (51-52) had the straight shackles. Every M48 picture i've seen has the straight ones.