• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser value (Now home w/ new pics...)

dabtl

The bracket by the door is used to mount the front leg of the M66. Two more are at the rear. You need the reinforcement plate at the back of the cab, also.

the truck looks very good . there are lots of trucks newer that don't look that good . it looks like no one has added turn signals ? the hand valve for the trailer is interesting and worth having to me the truck looks as original as you can get. great buy kenny

Crash_AF

Today I was digging through the map compartment and found a laminated paper that was obviously used for shows. It says that the truck was last assigned to a USMC Air unit at Lowry AFB in Denver. I was considering changing out the USMC markings for Air Force markings, but now I'm not sure if I want to keep it original since I know more about its history.

Any thoughts?

Later,
Joe

cbvet

I went against a lot of guy's advice here & bought a '52 Stude M35 gasser with winch. After a paint job & clutch I have $4500 in it & consider it WELL worth it.
Eric
CBVET

Capt.Marion

Keep it Marine Corps. Now that you know the history, it's kinda pointless to change it to something else. Very nice truck, have fun with it!

Maccus- how does that primer work? I have never seen one of those before...

Barrman

The round one closet to the gauges on the bottom is the choke. The T handle one above that should be the fording valve handle. It has 3 different wires coming off of it. One to the vent on top of the valve cover, one to the air cleaner and one to the engine vent lines down below the carb. Be careful with that one. Mine is shot and I can't find another.

Don't know about the two closest to the storage box. Look at the manual sticky and find the "pre-1965" -10. It deals with gassers and will tell you all kinds of neat stuff.

Crash_AF

Just submitted my paperwork to the state to get the title. Should have it back in 30 to 45 days. They have to try to find the previous owner, which won't be easy since he had a stroke 6 years ago, and if he isn't found within 30 days, they'll send me the paperwork to send in my $250 bond for the title.

Later,
Joe

2027Deuce

You did real good! My gasser also has hinged mud flaps, not sure when they stopped using those. Also the bed is held on with four large U-bolts and not bolted with the brackets like my multi fuel is. I think your left head light is correct, they are placed higher on a winch truck. My gasser WO/W has the lights lower.

Keep us updated on the progress you make with this truck. and thanks for saving that old gasser from the torch! [thumbzup]

nkawtg

Glad it was saved, that is to good looking to be cut up!

Now that gas is cheaper than diesel, can you get more "cruising per dollar" out of a gasser than a multi (assuming no waste oil usage)? I guess the better question is what kind of mileage would a gasser get vs. the multi.......

Crash_AF

LOL, I forgot to add that I figured out the headlight issue... the right headlight panel is not bolted down, it is just sitting in there. He put it up in place when I came by to look at it, but on the way home it fell back down.

Later,
Joe

Barrman

There are 6 double ended studs that have rubber in the middle holding the head light panel to the fender. Out of the 24 I had to start with, I have 10 good ones on the truck holding things together right now. The rubber/metal bound goes away and they fall apart. I have meant to try JB Weld or something on a broken one just to see if it will work, but haven't yet.