• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gathering in Cincinnati

Vondy

I have been asked to bring my duece to a cruise in this summer and was wondering if anyone else would be interested? It is every sunday this summer from I think May thru September. Don't have to be there every week, I probably will though. It is for a small Ice Cream Palor in the Hamilton area trying to draw some attention to his shop. I figured a duece or 2 would do the trick. If any intrest post here or pm me and we can set up a date that the most of us could go or something.

Vondy

It is at Phat Man's Dairy Bar. 5574 Eureka Drive. Its off of RT 4 about 3 or 4 miles north of the Butler Co. fairgrounds. Thanks for the intrest it should be fun. There are always a few old muscle cars there too. It does not start untill may or so I will update this post when I know the first date.

mckeeranger

MV night at the dairy bar?

So if there was a date picked for a bunch of MVs to show up:

1. Would the parking lot hold many at once?
2. Would the dairy bar owner like it?
3. Could the parking lot support the weight of the bigger trucks like 5 and 10 ton trucks?
4. Most important: do they have good burgers and shakes? :grin:

Just thinking out loud.

Vondy

So if there was a date picked for a bunch of MVs to show up:

1. Would the parking lot hold many at once?
2. Would the dairy bar owner like it?
3. Could the parking lot support the weight of the bigger trucks like 5 and 10 ton trucks?
4. Most important: do they have good burgers and shakes? :grin:

Just thinking out loud.

1. The parking lot would hold maybe about 10 dueces. There are other lots we could spread onto.

2. The owner would love it...again he is trying to attract attention.

3. The lot in front of the store probably would not support above 5 tons but the others would.

4. I personally think they have the best burgers in town and the shakes are great. All handmade to order.

Vondy

May 2nd is the first day and every sunday after that. Start posting days available and we can set our date. Remember mother's day is the 9th. ( if she ain't happy...nobody is happy) I am good for just about any Sunday. Just gotta get my duece titled and tagged first!

Vondy

So I've been talking about this get together with just about everyone i know, and they are all excited. Can't wait. I was at the local Army Navy Surplus store the other day, and they said they would be interested in having us also. The date would pretty much be up to us,with the owners input. It's the store on Rt.4 in Fairfield, Ohio. Let me know if any interest

B3.3T

Have you also considered the Hamilton Antique Car Parade held every July? It has a military vehicle class and usually only a few Jeeps show up. This is one of the largest vintage car parades in the country. It would be cool to see a whole bunch of trucks.
AntiqueCars Home Page

Vondy

I have not ever thought of it, but then again my truck is not exactly in show or parade condition. I still got a lot of work and little money to deal with. It would be cool though for someone with a good condition MV. For me I would have to say maybe next year.

Vondy

Its getting closer to time finally. On May 2nd this Diner advertises the "cruise in" from 5 to 7pm. I was thinking about being there earlier maybe around 2 or 3pm. Let me know which times are good for you guys. Keep in mind it is an open event so we can come and go as we please. They are very excited we will be there. Can't wait myself. Let me know if anyone needs special accomodations and I will make sure to provide. ( extra large parking area, easy out parking, ect. )

Vondy

I'm going to be there May 2nd around 3pm. Let me know if anyone can make it on that day and I'll set aside parking for us. Can't wait to put faces and names to user names and avatars! This event is also listed in the show and shine calender for our area. PM me if you need any specific info.