• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gauge boost and intake mods-

DWC

Recently bought a 91 925a2. Added egt/boost gauges and customized in a K&N. (oh,, and tried the little direct filter to see just how much the intake may be restricting it,,, not near as much difference as i thought there would be.)

IMG_7927.jpgIMG_7941.jpgIMG_7942.jpgIMG_7945.jpgIMG_7948.jpg

Nice I just put my gauges in next is an intercooler. I've been running the 4k governor springs and we cranked the fuel to it and I cut out the muffler, it runs way better but need to do some mods to bring down the egt's.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey DWC, what is the part number for the K&N filter that you put in the filter can? Is that the standard 5 ton air filter housing/can. I see you added brackets to hold the filter centered. How is it all working? Nice setup. Thanks for the help.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
don't the 8.3 already have a coolant cooled intercooler?....a/c compressor and pump chilled water threw it....

I do like where you put your gauges DWC....

Last edited:

DWC

K&N 38-2013S. Yeah, it's the stock airbox. Cross-referenced the smaller Donaldson filter everyone is using. It worked out well I think, and helped some. I'm going to do an intercooler and turbo next. It get's as hot as I'll let it, and fast.

K&N 38-2013S. Yeah, it's the stock airbox. Cross-referenced the smaller Donaldson filter everyone is using. It worked out well I think, and helped some. I'm going to do an intercooler and turbo next. It get's as hot as I'll let it, and fast.
Yeah mines the same way if you keep on the hammer it'll push some egt's fast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks