• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauge Cluster

ender891

Alright everyone,

While this may be the stupidest question ever asked, I am trying not to damage anything in the cluster.

I am trying to replace the temperature gauge in my M35a2. As I removed the panel, I found that the cables are not long enough to give me access to the rear of the panel. I don't have the gauge yet (ordered from Big Mike), so I'm not sure of how the gauge attaches to the panel.

Do I have to remove all the cables in order to get to it, or is there a lock ring that I am missing? I am sure it is way easier than I am trying to make it, but the panel has been repainted a couple of times and I am not sure if the front of the gauge is removable.

I would appreciate the help and apologize if the is dumb question.

Regards,

michael

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to unscrew the tach and speedo cables off the backs of them before anything will come out far enuf to work on.

DG

Reactions: HDN

Barrman

I think the Tach and speedometer cables are held on with nuts that a 5/8" open end wrench will break loose. Laying down and looking up will let you get them loose the first time. Then just hand tighten them so next time will be very easy.

Be nice to the air psi hose moving the panel around or you will be replacing it too.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Idiot that replaced my tach cable pulled it all the way into the engine bay. I had to fix that to get the panel off. Should come right off and give you room as per original design.

• Wow

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the tach/speedo nuts I've seen are 3/4".

Easy to pull the panel out far enuf to get a wrench on them then.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks