• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gauge pods

JAsher45

Does anyone out there know of a company that makes guage pods that fit the pillar. i have been wanting to add a few more gauges and want a cleaner look then just mounting them below the dash.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Another option is to get the little project boxes from radio shack and cut the holes in them. I just used one for my duece for boost/pyro, looks much cleaner than my old set up and only cost $7.00. Got the idea from Ida34, Thanks! I'll post pics in the morning if you'd like.

mangus580

I went the project box way. I have it mounted on the radio bracket on the dash.

Not sure if I have any pics of it, but if I do, they are on this site someplace!

JAsher45

hmm seems like i will have alot to think about and try... was almost thinking of possibly fiberglassing them into the dash above the standard guages since my dash pad is shot.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is my set up. I bought the bigger box, they have about 5 different sizes. I plan on adding a 12v cigarette lighter socket to the side of it. The little switch is for the guage lights and th LED is to remind me its on since its on a manually operated switch, I sometimes forget to turn it off.

Attachments

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I realized that, I was just showing another option since somebody else said they dont make the pillar pod. Same principal can be used on the CUCV for the steering column but obviously a smaller one would be more appropriate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks