• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauges

tlarkin530

The temperature gauge in my '67 M35A2 is bad. I'm not 100% sure if it's the gauge, the sensor, or both. Where can I get a complete setup (sensor, cable, and gauge)? Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Or just get a mechanical water temp gauge kit from a local autoparts store. Just put the fitting in on the side of the intake manifold.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or fix it correctly by diagnosing the issue. It's all listed in the -20 TM. Just need an ohm meter and a few minutes time.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: What he ^ said. Why do you think it's "bad"? Better spank it if it is and maybe it won't do what it did to be bad again :razz: Sorry, I am used to warranty. Not bad, failed...how is it failed?

houdel

Or fix it correctly by diagnosing the issue. It's all listed in the -20 TM. Just need an ohm meter and a few minutes time.
What he said. These things are very easy to diagnose. There are very detailed step-by-step directions in the troubleshooting TMs. Much easier than randomly swapping parts.

More often than not the problem is a bad electrical connection or a bad ground, neither of which you are likely to fix by replacing a guage or sender.

As for replacing the "cable", it doesn't work that way. The wiring for the temp gauge is part of the wiring harness, not a separate part, and there is seldom a problem with the harness itself unless it has been damaged or been screwed with by someone.

BTW, here is the link to the TM which contains the electrical system troubleshooting instructions. Good Luck!

http://test.steelsoldiers.com/upload/M35/TM9-2320-209-20-2-2.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks