• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauges

The Baron

Midway taking my M1009 on an 8 hour trip to Missouri my gauges failed. Now they only work for the first few minutes when I turn on the car, then they clunk out. Any clue what could be going on?

Barrman

The speedometer working for the first few miles and then getting slower and slower until it doesn't move until it sits for a few hours is a sign your plastic gear inside the tcase is shot. It has a square drive for the speedometer cable. If your speedometer or cable are causing too much drag, probably from a kinked cable because your 4x4 shift levers smashed it. Then the still spinning gear just wallows out its sqaure until it is round. You can pull the reduction box off, stick tin foil on the stub that goes into the tcase. It might work for a drive or years.

The best bet is to pull the redux box off, make sure it spins free, make sure the cable spins free and the speedometer spins free. Inspect the yellow driven gear and if it is rounded, find a new one.

Skinny

Speaking of speedo drive gears...

Anyone know what the replacement gear protocol is for doing the common 37" tire upgrade with the 4.56 gears? I believe mine is off about 10% which would be nice to make the correction too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks