• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear case plug wrench?

rgregj

Hey Guys,

I'm going to pick up my new deuce next week and was getting my ducks in a row. One question, The TM specs a "plug wrench" FSN 5120-708-3302 to check the levels in the trans and diffs. It looks like a square recessed plug. Will a standard rachet 3/8,1/2, or 3/4 work?

Thanks,

Greg

Spartanburg, SC

houdel

Don't get TOO happy yet. It is all not that simple. The 1/2" rachet/breaker bar works for my diffs, my t-case a fairly large open end wrench (5/8"-3/4"?) and my trans (Spicer Wolverhampton) takes a large allen wrench (1/2"+/-?). If you need too know the specific sizes I can crawl under the truck and look.

houdel

Don't get TOO happy yet. It is all not that simple. The 1/2" rachet/breaker bar works for my diffs, my t-case a fairly large open end wrench (5/8"-3/4"?) and my trans (Spicer Wolverhampton) takes a large allen wrench (1/2"+/-?). If you need to know the specific sizes I can crawl under the truck and look.

rgregj

Thanks all, I take my hex set with me as well, just as a precaution. Hey BFR we'll be up your way for Octoberfest!!! JA JA

Greg
Spartanburg