• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear Indicator Question

renovate7

The little fluorescent needle that tells you what gear you are in wasn't working. I took it out and cleaned it so it moves back and forth freely in it's bracket.. I put it back in and the metal clip back on the steering column. The cable is off the end of this column, rather than riding on it's circumference. Looks like there should be a second metal clip but the book doesn't show one. Can anyone tell me the correct routing for the cable and clip?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wire runs across a plastic tab on the cluster. This tab breaks off. Some guys use a screw as a substitute. There are pictures on the site. Maybe one of the similar threads listed at the bottom of the page.

just checked and the threads below do have pictures and fixes if needed.

Last edited:

renovate7

Thanks for the reply. I just went out and messed with it before seeing your answer and figured something was missing. It looked like the cable needed to be pulled linearly to the right then down to the column. I also noticed the broken plastic. Good pics in the threads referenced below of several fixes. Something else added to the "to do" list.dash 006 (640x480).jpgdash 007 (640x480).jpg