• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geared Lug Wrench

Jake0147

Yeah, that "crack" when a rusty one comes loose doesn't travel through the geared wrench anywhere near like it does through a cheater pipe... Much better for my general attitude by the time the last nut comes loose...

markaroe

I just got one of these blue torque multipliers off Ebay two days ago. Previously I broke a 3/4 on ratchet, a 3/4" breaker bar, and could not turn the lugs with a 1" breaker bar a 4way lug wrench and 5' cheater. the applied force would be in excess of 1400 ft lbs. I took this blue thing and it's 60 to 1 ratio and had 3 sets of duals and a front off in less than an hour. I have 1 set of duals that is spinning the studs with the torque multiplier. It appears I am going to have to tack weld the studs and then try. This thing really works though. Inner and outer wheels.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got one of these blue torque multipliers off Ebay two days ago. Previously I broke a 3/4 on ratchet, a 3/4" breaker bar, and could not turn the lugs with a 1" breaker bar a 4way lug wrench and 5' cheater. the applied force would be in excess of 1400 ft lbs. I took this blue thing and it's 60 to 1 ratio and had 3 sets of duals and a front off in less than an hour. I have 1 set of duals that is spinning the studs with the torque multiplier. It appears I am going to have to tack weld the studs and then try. This thing really works though. Inner and outer wheels.
That is the one advantage of the military geared wrench. It locks against the inner thimble to break loose the outer nut.

phil2968

That is the one advantage of the military geared wrench. It locks against the inner thimble to break loose the outer nut.
We just finished with Rick's geared lug wrench on my m109 when you called me Kenny. We would have had a real hard time with out! It made pulling rear tires a snap! Some were really tight!
If you have a Deuce you need a geared lug wrench.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks