• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GEN 1/2 socket not turned all the way?

dpaulus

Hello Everyone,

Could someone tell me if the GEN 1 and GEN 2 sockets need an additional counterclockwise quarter turn (see pictures)? It appears that they need to be rotated about 45 degrees counterclockwise to be fully installed.

This is as far as I can get them to turn by hand, and I really don't want to break the sockets.

P.S. I assume there is a circuit board on the back of the plastic housing that holds the socket. Does anyone have a picture of that so I can see what the contact area looks like? I couldn't believe there were no wires hanging from the back of the socket when I first took it out.

Thank you!!!

Attachments

dpaulus

Any suggestions for getting the final 1/4 turn without breaking it? What does the circuit look like on the back, and could I damage it by cranking too hard to get these sockets all the way turned?

dpaulus

When I lift up a plastic flap and install the sockets, the bulbs light up. If I try to install the sockets with the plastic flap between the socket and the housing the lights do not work. Is there an additional thin plastic flap on the outside of the circuit board or is it just one film of plastic with the circuits embedded?

cucvrus

It is a single circuit board and a royal PITA to deal with. I have fixed hundreds of them and still hate them. Many are delaminated and have broken circuits and poor connections. And at this age the plastic is as fragile as a potato chip. I can fix them and have only ever replaced a few circuit boards. Civilian ones were available. it is the same as a civilian one with all idiot lights and no gauges except the speedo and fuel gauge. Good Luck. But get all the bulbs and socket clean and working before you even attempt to install them back in the cluster. Be Safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks