• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 Dash Light

ssdvc

Quick Question. When I start my 09 (stock wiring, 24v system intact) my Gen 2 light goes out immediately, but my Gen 1 light stays on for about 15-20 seconds. Once the truck idles for that time, it goes out. Everything seems to be charging well and she has done this since I brought her home 7 years ago. I can't remember if my 1st 09 did this, so I guess I am asking if this is normal?

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick Question. When I start my 09 (stock wiring, 24v system intact) my Gen 2 light goes out immediately, but my Gen 1 light stays on for about 15-20 seconds. Once the truck idles for that time, it goes out. Everything seems to be charging well and she has done this since I brought her home 7 years ago. I can't remember if my 1st 09 did this, so I guess I am asking if this is normal?
Can’t say for sure if it’s normal, but that’s how mine works as well.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My sons 1009 did that before his batteries pooped a few weeks ago when it was cold. New batteries and it doesn't do that anymore. Not sure if you have a battery going bad or just weak, a corroded battery cable who knows...or nothing...low idle setting would probably do it too. Neither of mine do stay on once running.

ssdvc

Batteries are strong, cables and grounds are clean and tight. It has been doing this since I picked the truck up, I just decided to ask about it now. She turns over without hesitation when it is 15 degrees out and the batteries provided good staying power for "minutes" of cranking during my fuel debacle.

The light only stays on for about 15 to 20 seconds after she fires, then goes out and stays out. Also, the ammeter remains in the red during the time the GEN 1 light is lite and, once the GEN 1 light goes out, the needle heads into the green and all looks normal.

DIVE DIVE

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From TM 9-2320-289-10 Operators Manual:
1-14 b. (4)
If the generator lights do not go out within a few seconds, press accelerator and let engine return to idle; lights should go out. If not, inform your supervisor.
Also mentioned in section 2
2-2 1.
On all models except the 1010 ambulance, generator lights come on when ignition key is in the “on” position, but before engine is started. After engine starts, lights should go out and remain out. If either or both lights remain on after engine starts, press accelerator and let engine return to idle. If lights remain in or come on during operation of truck, IMMEDIATELY SHUT DOWN ENGINE and notify your supervisor. M1010 ambulance has no generator warning lights.

Last edited:

M1009_SPAIN

my gen 1 stays with light with the engine started, if I accelerate it continues with light, but the voltmeter on the dashboard shows 26v and the manual multimeter when I put it to measure it in each battery shows 28 the front and 28 the rear,

the gen1 bulbs are 168 and gen2 194, the seat belts are well tightened, there are no squeals, the fuses in the fuse box have been checked and there are none blown,

any ideas?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my gen 1 stays with light with the engine started, if I accelerate it continues with light, but the voltmeter on the dashboard shows 26v and the manual multimeter when I put it to measure it in each battery shows 28 the front and 28 the rear,

the gen1 bulbs are 168 and gen2 194, the seat belts are well tightened, there are no squeals, the fuses in the fuse box have been checked and there are none blown,

any ideas?
Could be the regulator not working right or is the wrong one. At least the light is working!! Check the 2 pin connector at the alternator and make sure it's tight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks