• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 light coming on

Tnrobocop

Just replaced my alternator for doing the same thing last weekend.

Started it that morning, went to police training, started it up again after training to jump off a police car that had a dead battery and the Gen 1 light was dim.

By the time I got home it was bright red. Replaced it with an alternator from O'Reilly's. 1975 Cadillac Commercial Chassis 100 amp one. Bolted right in, no Gen 1 light anymore. $94.99.

84cucv1ton

light 2 comes on in my truck on start up. just looked my belts are a few months old. they are dayco and stretched all out already. waste of money. that were i will start

CUCV85

:arrow:I had napa premium belts and no I didn't over tighten. I noticed I had the drivers side belt missing 2 "teeth" whatever it's called Missing. I lost that belt that same day. I purchased the dayco belts mentioned on here in CUCV FAQ Article "wiki cucv", well I was in a pinch and used them. They Both were right to the end of adjustment slides, but not sloppy by any means - but to the very END. :?:Should the wiki sizes be changed on belts? So ended up bying a size smaller and they are running good. The Gates belts are very similar to the dayco's correct? Has anyone else had issues with Dayco's like 84cucv1ton? Or is this simply preference/ I did notice the dayco's are MUCH cheaper in price then the Napa premiums. I obviously will run the ones I have until they need to be changed. Trying to be helpful...

84cucv1ton

Napa premiums are gates belts, i will be buying them soon for mine. they are worth it. daycos are not worth it. mine are not even 4 months old

4bogginchevys

when I bought my 84 1008, the reciept for alt belts from napa was still in a bag on the floor board of the truck. The reciept date was about 30 days prior... (old belts in bag) I dont know if they were economy or napa gold but they are already ready for replacement, thier stretched* (about 60 days old now).
The belts are at end of adjustment, set by me when I did both alts the first week or so I owned it. I think maybe shorter belts are in order when replacement is absolutely necasary*. I have also had issues with this on the power steering belt on my 79 chev......sometimes replacements are too long/different manufactures and things.....maybe someone could measure the belts for length and post that when they do replacement if correct, i'll take a tape measure with me when I buy mine and there wont be any surprises!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks