• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GEN 1 light on when key is off

mtinsman

Hello,
I drove my 1984 chevy m1008 last night for the first time and when i shut it off the GEN 1 light stays on but dim. Has anyone had this problem? I had a friend of mine put a new ignition lock cylinder in it because when i got the truck it had no keys.

Thanks,
Matt Tinsman

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the alternators checked and both of them are bad. Where can I get 2 new alternators?

You can have a good shop rebuild them for less than $100 ea.

Or you can rebuild it yourself.
http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=13
Includes everything except a new ground terminal

If you want new, ebay has them or you can go to NAPA. for a rebuilt one. I posted the Wilson/Napa part number in the CUCV Wiki page Cost about $220 each

If you truck is still 24v, make sure you get the alternator with the Isolated Ground. There was a recent post explaining the Isolated Ground

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks