• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gen 2 light getting 2 volts?

howesblazer

my gen 2 light has never gone on since i got the truck a few months ago and the second battery rear battery never gets charged so i started testing things, what should i look for because the back of the gauge has 24 volts?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been discussed many, many times. There is even a troubleshooting section in the Tech Manuals.

You do have the FREE technical manuals don't you?

An easy test is this:

1. Pull the 2-pin plug from the GEN2 alternator (passenger side)
2. Check for voltage at the plug
3. Red wire should have 24v at all times
4. brown wire will have zero volts with the key off and 24v with the key on.

If you have these reading that the truck wiring from the ignition switch is fine and you will need to test the alternator and the 12v/24v feed wiring

If you don't have the readings then you will need to diagnose the wiring.

If t

howesblazer

Yea I already did the test at the 2 wire plug, big red yeilds 24v and the brown wire nothing key on and off, so I checked the back of the gauge cluster and there is 24v on one side of the light is that normal? As for the tech manuals all I have for internet is my phone which the tech manuals do not like to work on...... I was gonna take a spare 2 wire connector and put a buld inline connecting the two wires to make sure it was the wiring from the truck is this necessarily bad? To do?:confused: