• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GEN 2 NOT CHARGING.

Tomyear1

New guy here, read as many TMs and treads as I could and need some advise. Have had my M1009 for a few years with no issues in it's stock configuration. Let a friend use the truck, once, and had a runaway starter issue. Was not present, but said he didn't know what was happening and cycled the key on and off till it stopped. Fixed starter relay and started it up. No charging voltage to rear battery. Gen 2 light not lite with ignition on not running, or running. Removed gen 2 and had it tested, passed. Also to reconfirm that it was good I swapped gen 1 with gen 2 and confirmed 14.5 volts at batt 1.

I then began tracing wires at gen 2. Red bat wire 24v, white plug red wire 24v constant, brown wire key off no voltage, brown wire key on 24v. Red with white stripe 24v.

Checked gen 2 relay, 24v in, ground is good, 12 v switched from Ignition, and 24v out. Gen 2 diode had 24v both sides. Gen 2 light 24v in, key on 26 volts running both sides. Could not find a ground at wires 6 or 7 on gen 2 light circut. Switched working voltmeter relay, same effect.

Question, should the gen 2 light have 24 volts running to it? Should the red with white stripe wire on gen 2 neg terminal have 24 volts or 12? I'm stuck! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks