• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 2 wire problem

Matt Kahle

Okay I'm sorry I haven't been posting on what I have done so far I got real sick after my last post and now I'm better. I will work on the truck tomorrow and post what the voltage I get.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The exciter plug is the white plastic two wire plug at the alternator

Tankie you beat me to it. Thanks for your contributions to the site.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Should have voltage only when the key is on. 12v on GEN1 and 24v on GEN2

Matt Kahle

Okay I screwed up there was a lose connection in the wiring I connected it and I have 24v on the red wire and 12v on the brown wire. I think that sounds right.

Kevin majors

Walmart has a multimeter for around $10. Not great but does work. Allows cor checking voltages, ohms, amps and other items. Everyone should have one in their toolbox.

Also remember that we are talking about two different voltmeters. One on the dash and one in your toolbox.

The one on the dash tells us if part of the wiring is working. The one in the toolbox allows us to test the system.
Hey warthog need help gen2 light flashes on when I flip my heater fan on gen1 is Dem help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks