• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen and GP problems

Matt Kahle

Okay I'm going to start a post combining two newer ones. First problem I'm having is my alternators. Some of you guys probably saw my post and I ended with I'm putting new parts into the alternators. Well every thing went well putting new parts into the alternators. Now when I went to start the truck no alternator lights...okay that''s fine until I start the truck I was thinking. I tried to start the truck 5-6 times tonight well the truck won't start now. I bet the GP went out of the clear blue...So the last time I cranked it the Gen-1 light came on. Now here's my problem before I repaired the alternators Gen-1's light would stay on before I started the truck and after I started the truck. Gen-2 always had a no light when truck was on or off. I never replaced the Gen-2 relay dose any one think that will help? Why dose Gen-1 act this way? When I put both batteries in the truck after I charge them the voltmeter shows the same thing "the middle of the yellow" Never green. If both batteries are fully charged I would think the voltmeter would work until they start to run out. As for the GP system that's a whole new thing to me.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Starting a fourth thread to resolve an ongoing issue is not the best way to use our site.

Matt Kahle

Sorry maybe I miss worded what I was trying to say. I see that two other people have started other threads similar to mine. I didn't want to post questions on there threads I thought that would be rude of me. The last post I put up was about asking questions on parts in the alternator and that suppressor thing. I know some times people don't like it when the same thing is posted (by three members) three times in the last week. I see what your saying Dog Head I will just repost the same question on my old post because it fits asking about electronic parts.

Moderator please close this thread.