• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen II light not coming on.

Husker67

I was on my maiden road trip with a 1986 M1008 when the wipers quit working in the rain. The voltmeter was in the mid-yellow but moved into the red after a few minutes. When I got it home I pulled the batteries, they tested good and were recharged. The alternators were pulled and they too passed tests. I began to trouble shoot the charging system and was able to find a loose wire which allowed the Gen I light to work. I connected the wires to the Gen II light and verified it works but when connected per the wiring diagram it doesn't light.

I'm trying to locate the relay and diode noted in the wiring diagram but I'm not sure which part of the dash to be tearing into. Any assistance/direction is appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks