• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen light no. 1 flickers

greenspot

This week I had new front fender liners put in. The batteries and tray had to come out.
Now my Generator light number one flickers intermittently and if I turn on heater generator light number two will come on. This truck did not ever have a problem like this before this work. what should I check. Ground ? Clean battery terminals?

mktopside

Banned
I have the same problem with a dim Gen1 light and I haven't tracked it down yet. It's got two new optimas in it, both alternators are charging perfectly both together and independently. The Gen 1 light just stays on dim at all times.

I'm going to pull the fuses today and clean all the contacts. I'll let you know if anything I do works.

mktopside

Banned
Look at the top of the CUCV sub forum page. I'm on my phone or else I'd just link it.

Well, you should be able to take the battery cables off and clean them easily in 5 min. Also with a multi meter you can check both alternators and both batteries very easily, you don't need the schematics for that ;-)

I'm fairly adept with electrical work on cars, but I'm still new to the CUCV scene, so I probably can't offer much wisdom others than common sense stuff.