• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gen rebuild time

PAm1009

Im gonna plunge in and do my first alternator rebuild on my gen2. I was wondering how long it took you guys that did the rebuild? im a little nervous but think i have the skills to accomplish it. thanks much
kyle

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
30 minutes, tops.

cpf240

Any suggestions on how to clean up the case, etc?

I have two spare alts I picked up and bought the kits from CUCV Electric. The alts are pretty grungy!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any suggestions on how to clean up the case, etc?

I have two spare alts I picked up and bought the kits from CUCV Electric. The alts are pretty grungy!
Take the cases to an alternator shop and have them blast them. They usually use walnut shells.

Sand is too agressive.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im gonna plunge in and do my first alternator rebuild on my gen2. I was wondering how long it took you guys that did the rebuild? im a little nervous but think i have the skills to accomplish it. thanks much
kyle
For your first one, plan on a couple of hours. Follow the step by step instructions in the TM 9-2320-289-34 manual.

Also take a picture at each step so you will know how to put it back together.

If you are replacing the bearings make sure you support the case. No need to put a BIG crack in it. aua

MAKE SURE you get all the fiber washers back in the right place. If not you may see some fireworks when you hook up the batteries.

PAm1009

thanks very much i printed all those pictures in color off the cucv alternator rebuild thread and am working on printing the TM's out.. hopefully all goes well!