• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gen1 and gen2 bulbs

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I know they make a resistor to put in truck tail lamps so the ECM can send the correct flashes per minute when LED's are applied. So I do not see why you could not get a resistor in the circuit to make it work. I am not sure of what your gain would be by having LED idiot lights. I would see no benefit but it is possible to make it work. But is it worth the effort? Good Luck and report back. In today's world if there is a will there is a way. You just need to get with a person that knows electrical systems better then I do. That will be simple because I am at electrical 101.

cpf240

LEDs are Diodes.. current only flows in one direction. It is my understanding of the GEN light function that current needs to flow in both directions... on way to light the bulb when the alt is not charging, and the other way when the alt is over-charging. The lights go out when the system is 'balanced', or near enough that the bulb isn't bright enough to see.

richingalveston

I thought the gen 1 light could be changed but the gen 2 light cannot. And the reason it cannot is because it has to have two way current flow. but I thought gen 1 was a regular circuit that could light an led.

I may be wrong so I am throwing this out there to be corrected if so.

Thanks
Rich