• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen2 Configuration....What is it??

combatmech

I am home from the sandbox less than 24 hours, go out to take Thing 2 for a drive and I get a Gen 2 light and lots of belt squeel. Get it back home, Gen 2 light is out....and the belt is gone. Gen 2 was warm very hard to turn by hand.
I have a spare Gen but when I removed the old Gen, I found something attached that I'm not too sure of.....see attached photo. What is it and do I need to carry it over to the new Gen?? The previous Gen's I have changed didnt have anything like this attached.....
Thanks in advance......

Attachments

combatmech

Thanks guys!! Thats what I was thinking. I've already transplanted it. I'll let y'all know how it all ends up tomorrow. Gotta get it going so I can have the windshield replaced.
And thank you Ralbelt.....It's good to be home.

erniemigi

Welcome Home!! "Non Sibi Sed Patriae" I have seen these on a few of my other vehicles and when i asked a mechanic about it, he told me it was to reduce the noise created by the alternators so that there would be less to zero interference in radio or cb equipment, and yes there is one on my windshield wiper motor 2, i had 1 vehicle that had this problem with a wierd noise coming threw my radio as i would give it more gas, it made a wierd whirling noise that would get louder the faster i would drive, i put one on my alternator and it went away

combatmech

:driver:Update.....
Overhauled Gen2 from my last oh-nine installed, new belt and we're off and running.
I went ahead and installed the noise filter on the new Gen. Not that I'm gonna be running radios or anything like that.
Thanks to all for the welcome homes and for all great info that I picked up from SS while I was away. Tons of tips and restoration ideas...Now I just gotta get after it.
:beer: I'll post some pics of the last four months later today. I had toys over there as well!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks