• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Checkout on HMMWV's

Barron

I believe these units have to be returned. I found out that they sent 2 beaters back in exchange for these 2. I think they wanted slant backs and they only had to ones with ring mounts to offer.

I have an LMTV to look over next week, and a crazy armored tactical vehicle made in south africa as well. It's pretty wild.

Katavic918

I believe these units have to be returned. I found out that they sent 2 beaters back in exchange for these 2. I think they wanted slant backs and they only had to ones with ring mounts to offer.

I have an LMTV to look over next week, and a crazy armored tactical vehicle made in south africa as well. It's pretty wild.
A marauder?

2w091

We had some serious flash flooding a couple weeks ago, ours performed as advertised. BUT, when I got in high water I could hear the 12 volt police equipment connections arcing where it's connected to the battery. Everything still works I'm lucky it didn't fry, but it was only in deep water for a few seconds. Most of the time it was 2ft or less.

Action

We had some serious flash flooding a couple weeks ago, ours performed as advertised. BUT, when I got in high water I could hear the 12 volt police equipment connections arcing where it's connected to the battery. Everything still works I'm lucky it didn't fry, but it was only in deep water for a few seconds. Most of the time it was 2ft or less.
If my 24v doesn't arc in water, why would 12v at the battery?

2w091

I'm assuming the connections for the 12v stuff are not designed to get wet, there are several of them, they aren't waterproof and have fuses. I heard some crackling when I got into deep water, it only lasted a second or two, nothing blew as far as I know.
According to the TM I should be good up to 30 inches of water (M1025A2, no fording kit). We also replaced the battery cables and terminal connections, we were having some electrical problems two winters ago, that seemed to fix the problem.
I know squat about anything electric, three things scare me;
Fire
Women
Electricity

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks