• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Dynamics Portable Vehicle Arresting Barrier Manual?

Third From Texas

I picked up a PVAB for $25 awhile back. I figured I could make a potato launcher or something out of it if it was missing bits, but after cleaning up the valves and installing a new set of batteries I aired it up everything works. Best I can tell, it is complete..

The only thing missing was the manual, so I've been winging it with the setup using the only YouTube video I could find for pointers, but I'm sure that there are things I need to know about deploying it.

I've searched the web with no luck. I figured it was a long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone here might have a any guidance to where I might find a TM, etc.

I've no idea what I'll use it for, but in the current environment it might come in handy for something, someday...

20210724_175538.jpg

sample pic of the bits:

Military-Security-Portable-Vehicle-Arresting-Barrier-PVAB-M1-Security-Stop-Net-184227348439.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
I picked up a PVAB for $25 awhile back. I figured I could make a potato launcher or something out of it if it was missing bits, but after cleaning up the valves and installing a new set of batteries I aired it up everything works. Best I can tell, it is complete..

The only thing missing was the manual, so I've been winging it with the setup using the only YouTube video I could find for pointers, but I'm sure that there are things I need to know about deploying it.

I've searched the web with no luck. I figured it was a long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone here might have a any guidance to where I might find a TM, etc.

I've no idea what I'll use it for, but in the current environment it might come in handy for something, someday...

View attachment 840497

sample pic of the bits:

View attachment 840498
Whats the NSN for the kit?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 840497

sample pic of the bits:

View attachment 840498
youtube STOPPING A SPEEDING CAR WITH POLICE BARRIER Im afraid to ask what your plans for this are ? When your struggle snuggle trys to escape you get a second chance at love!!!!!

Third From Texas

TM 5-4240-342-12&P

That's pulling up a gas mask for me.

I did find another PVAB TM that was used by the Marines I think. But it's just a net and some stuff that stows in a couple packs.

This thing pops up out of the ground and comes in six wooden crates. I've got the gist of setting most of it up, but as I said it's got a lot of safety features that I want to understand before I play with it much.

Guyfang

Staff member
That's pulling up a gas mask for me.

I did find another PVAB TM that was used by the Marines I think. But it's just a net and some stuff that stows in a couple packs.

This thing pops up out of the ground and comes in six wooden crates. I've got the gist of setting most of it up, but as I said it's got a lot of safety features that I want to understand before I play with it much.
Below listed link shows this TM is for your PVAB. Where did you look and find a gas mask?

Dist Restriction CodeC U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND THEIR CONTRACTORS ONLY

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Below listed link shows this TM is for your PVAB. Where did you look and find a gas mask?

Dist Restriction CodeC U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND THEIR CONTRACTORS ONLY

So, I tried to download and apparently I am no longer "special" enough to know anything anymore.

You do not have the permissions to view this PDF. Click the Related Links dropdown to select the System Access Request link.

Third From Texas

Where did you look and find a gas mask?
Hell if I know now. I couldn't pull a link off that site to the pdf. I ran that the NSN and the TM number and got to a gas mask (3rd-party site). Looked dodgy and I don't d/l dodgy. I've been surfing for this thing for a week and I've no idea where all it's sent me.

Still no joy finding a working pdf.

I can tell by the online pics that the manual was hooked to the one bases that came with no crate. There were a few pages of paper mache in one crate, complements of a rodent.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks