• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Granite Xtreme4x4 Deuce

rlcmotorsports

BH345KV,
the four link parts came from ballistic fab, so for a good starting point you can get the materials there. Tommorrow I will try to take measurements of the links for you and get some more pics. I dont know why they wont go to large size??? Your on the right track to building a good 4-link, once you get the concept they are actually not to hard to design at all. Dont let the for link calculator scare you to much, anti-squat can be argued forever!! Look at what you will actually do with the truck, it will never be a rockcrawler so dont get to consumed with making it flex like one! If you 4-link the front in will require a good bit of thinking, due to the oil pan, steering, and link mount clearence. I will be glad to help as much as possible.

The sammy is still at Xtremes shop, i dont think it will be going anywhere! I tried to purchase it also, but unfortunately it has to many mods to be sold.

BH345KV

Thanks, I had already tracked down the parts from Ballistics and did plan to go that rought. The truck is not going to be designed or intended for extreme rockcrawling, just looking for a little more than springs can offer and a better all around ride. I had originally kicked around the idea of linking the front but that would be way over kill for what my intentions are with the truck are and alot more work than i would want to get into. I have read for days on end on all of the above and probably more geometry than i ever did in school, but just like geometry its always nice to look at somebody elses work and on a functional truck.

I am in the process of final R&D on a four link and air bag kit for bobbing a deuce. I actually contacted Ian to try and get it featured on the show at the time of this build but missed the shooting dates. It will be a complete kit with all links, mounting brackets, shocks, air bags, air lines, extra air tank, air fittings, and hardware. Right now it will be all weld on but I also plan on building a full bolt on kit. Please PM me with any interest. I am still working out the price but do plan to run an early order campaign.

Flat Black

the half a dozen ways comment in my post was referring to things like single or double triangulated four link, parallel four links (basically ladder bars) with a panhard rod, etc.. You are correct in saying there is a right way and wrong way to do it and if you get it wrong, your truck will not handle correctly. I have never done a four link on a deuce, so I cant tell you how to do it. Hopefully the links and builds here and on pirate will help those willing to do the research before they tackle the project.

Cheers

rlcmotorsports

Flat Black, you bring some good points to the table! There are multiple ways to build a linked suspension, and multiple ways to design that chosen setup. Sometimes it is easier not to over think it though.

asgtoolman

I am in the process of final R&D on a four link and air bag kit for bobbing a deuce. I actually contacted Ian to try and get it featured on the show at the time of this build but missed the shooting dates. It will be a complete kit with all links, mounting brackets, shocks, air bags, air lines, extra air tank, air fittings, and hardware. Right now it will be all weld on but I also plan on building a full bolt on kit. Please PM me with any interest. I am still working out the price but do plan to run an early order campaign.
Keep us posted--I'd like to try a 4 link on my next bob

rlcmotorsports

Hey guys, just to let you know the price of the deuce has been dropped to $10,000!! Let me know if you would like to add it to your collection! And Also what pics I can take of it before it is sold, to help out with build ideas.