• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General topic: MV “social mass”

Micmada

I was reading on the concept of ”social mass”, ie how a small issue of a minority can be so magnified as to garner media attention (hopefully positive) and as to seem quite more widespread than it actually is.

Well, a hack, or trick of prestidigitation, I have done unwittingly.

I have come to use my truck to go to work, but not on a pattern regular basis. One guy started saying to another guy how I was kind of unusual (neutral questioning attention, not positive nor negative) because I owned a 5 ton. The other guy replies: ”oh, but people own them, it is quite widespread, there is even a guy here who comes to work with it! “
And so the one guy say, “but that is HIM!“ (which made him look a bit crazy and me cooler! Haha)

I thought it was funny how all of a sudden I helped via various accidents make this hobby politically mainstream. I think a strategy to develop the industry could be done that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks