• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator adjustment

PowerstrokeNC

Ok, so I have researched all the generator adjustment options, I have found the allen capped grub screw that looks like the one I remove to get to the adjustment pot..correct?

But on my M923-A1 the oil cooler is in the way to get a screwdriver in the opening to turn the pot screw.

So my question is, for you guys who adjusted yours how much did you turn the screw?

I will need to remove the v belt and mounting bolts on the genny to rotate out the top of it to gain access to the opening, so by knowing how much to turn for x - result will help, reduce my number of R&R's to get the right setting.

Thanks in advance for the help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using a digital multi-meter, how many volts do you read when it's running?

The adjustment needs to be done with it running, you can't just turn it "so many degrees" for a specific increase.

If you getting 27-29 volts, I'd leave it alone.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine have been allen head and you can check at the battries if no good reading check starter if it's not at starter and not battries I found I had to change out control box.

Last edited:

4x4e350

Mine was a large Phillips head. I used a phillips insert for a drill driver, which was about 2" long, then a 1/4" wrench on it, inserted it inside the generator adjustment hole without removing anything, and turned it 1/2 turn. I could not get a screwdriver in my M818 generator either.
Maybe this will work for you too, it worked great once I figured out it was a phillips head inside the hole that needed adjustment. Because I couldn't see inside the generator hole at all.

PowerstrokeNC

My general goal as to have a 'good' idea on how much and more importantly 'which' way to turn it as it looked like it would require removal of the Genny to be able to access the port (Oil cooler in the way). On closer inspection though I was able to bend a cheap screwdriver to access the port while the Genny was still installed and then adjusted using a DVM which was much easier., thanks for the help.

PowerstrokeNC

Mine was a large Phillips head. I used a phillips insert for a drill driver, which was about 2" long, then a 1/4" wrench on it, inserted it inside the generator adjustment hole without removing anything, and turned it 1/2 turn. I could not get a screwdriver in my M818 generator either.
Maybe this will work for you too, it worked great once I figured out it was a phillips head inside the hole that needed adjustment. Because I couldn't see inside the generator hole at all.
This is a good idea, thanks for the help, I have both my trucks at 28.5 now from about 26.7 so I am quite happy.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Argh... You cross-posted! :deadhorse:

Once again, I refer you to the -20TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks