• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator AUX fuel connections

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Adapter, Container NSN 5342-00-066-1235 MFR P/N: 13211E7541

Is the 5 gallon/55 gallon bung adapter which the aux fuel line connects to.

fuel can adapter.jpg

Auxiliary Fuel Line NSN 4720-00-021-3320
aux fuel line.jpg

Auxiliary fuel hose specs
View attachment aux fuel line specs1.pdf

bung adapter in 5 gal MFC
adapter in MFC.jpg

In a 55 gallon drum you use both pieces

NOTE: 🔧
Test out your AUX pump system before needing it.
Start the unit
Have the AUX selected
siphon fuel out of the day tank
Watch inside the tank, and fuel level
Listen to when the AUX kicks on
Stop the siphon
Watch the day tank fill
Watch your fuel level move up
Listen to when the AUX pump turns off

On all machines it will be a variable. It is roughly low point, kick AUX pump on 20% +-5% and turns off maybe 75%+-5%

This should be tested before walking away from a unknown unit if it even works. Test and verify. Some members ended up with 50 gallons of fuel on the floor. The AUX pump never shut off.

Floats get sticky? Someone messed with height adjustment? Floats disolved? 2 floats-low level -high level Seperate from fuel level floats

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

No no, just for information purposes. So people have a understanding of what they are, and the part number when looking for them. :)

Keith_J

Anyone have a specs for the hose? Or something affordable which works with the AN fittings? I have all the fittings, the good ones which can be reused.

Guyfang

Staff member
NSN: 4720-00-289-9197

CROSS-SECTIONAL SHAPE STYLEROUND
INSIDE DIAMETER0.250 INCHES NOMINAL
TEMP RATING-65.0 DEG FAHRENHEIT AND 250.0 DEG FAHRENHEIT SINGLE RESPONSE
OUTSIDE DIAMETER0.578 INCHES NOMINAL
MINIMUM INSIDE BENDING RADIUS3.380 INCHES
EXTERIOR COLORGRAY OR BLACK
END ITEM IDENTIFICATIONGRUMMAN A10 AIRCRAFT
BURST TEST PRESSURE10000.0 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH SINGLE RESPONSE
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE3000.0 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH SINGLE RESPONSE
HYDROSTATIC TEST PRESSURE5000.0 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH SINGLE RESPONSE
OUTER COVERING ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTIONMILDEW RESISTANT AND OIL RESISTANT
INSIDE SURFACE CONDITIONSMOOTH
MATERIALRUBBER SYNTHETIC TUBE
MEDIA FOR WHICH DESIGNEDFUEL/OIL, HYDROCARBON SINGLE RESPONSE
SPECIFICATION/STANDARD DATA81349--1L-H-8794 GOVERNMENT SPECIFICATION
NONDEFINITIVE SPEC/STD DATA5 SIZE

That do you?

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Auxiliary Fuel Line NSN 4720-00-021-3320
aux fuel line.jpg
Below is the other part numbers from the different manufacturers.

A303004-5S-30 MANLEY VALVE CORP

B13200E6142 CHIEF OF ENGINEERS DEPT OF ARMY

B228-34 HOLLINGSWORTH JOHN R CO

B51757 KECO INDUSTRIES INC.

D11560-4-5 UNIVERSAL LOGISTICS CORP CLARK DIV

D11560-4-5 CHIEF OF ENGINEERS DEPT OF ARMY

FA1493FFF3000 EATON-AEROQUIP LLC. DBA AEROSPACE GROUP DIV FLUID

FA1493FFF3000 EATON-AEROQUIP INC DIV FLUID CONNECTORS PRODUCTS

JHP111-32 HOLLINGSWORTH JOHN R CO

J5037 FABCO GENERATORS INC. DBA FABCO POWER

gatorbob

Looking at MFCs online, it appears the neck is threaded. The bung adapter I have is not threaded. Is this correct? Do the two mate tightly due to the rubber seal on the bung adapter?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the handle on the bung adapter squeezes the seal outwards when articulated.... taking up the space. The fuel can adapter at the very top post should look identical to what you have?

gatorbob

Yes, the adapter I have looks identical. I don't have a military can yet. I have some other jerry cans that I thought were based on NATO spec but the neck is the wrong shape/size.

Edit: I think I have a Wavian can but think I need the Scepter. Or; my used Wavians are counterfeit and that's why it won't fit.

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wavians are NATO style.... Scepter are the 2" round style. If you have already invested in the Wavians... instead of using the bung adapter, just run the fuel hose into the can, and let it suck while submerged in the fuel. I personally use Wavians for my normal cans (but have 55g drums for my bulk storage, of which the adapter works fine).

There are MANY low quality NATO can knockoffs out there. I know mine are Wavian though. I think they work just fine, and are less expensive than the Sceptre style.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And if anyone is looking to get NATO cans at a real good price (and be authentic Wavians): http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/GJC20

They are of course for legality reasons (they are sold without spouts) for POTABLE WATER USE ONLY.... but deduce their complete range of liquid holding capabilities for yourself :). You can buy spouts separately on the same page.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I didn't know NATO style was different than the military Scepter style. This clears it up.
Yup, a takeoff of an old German design. Guyfang has talked about the roots of this in a previous post somewhere if you were interested in searching. But they are great cans regardless!

Guyfang

Staff member
I have in my garage, a WW2 Whermact fuel can, that will not only accept the Scepter fuel nozzle, but when put side to side next to a brand new Scepter can, is impossible to tell the difference. Great design. And built to last. I had a nice SS can, but when someone offered me several hundred euros for it, I had to accept. Am looking for another one.

devilphrog

Great, thanks! I found a part number of the actual stopper on one of the NSN sites, but it didn't really get me anywhere regarding the piece parts. I"ll try the hose adapter method next.

NormB

And if anyone is looking to get NATO cans at a real good price (and be authentic Wavians): http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/GJC20They are of course for legality reasons (they are sold without spouts) for POTABLE WATER USE ONLY.... but deduce their complete range of liquid holding capabilities for yourself :). You can buy spouts separately on the same page.
Those things are awesome. I own 8 of 'em (2 gas, 2 ethanol-free gas, 4 diesel) and 2 of the 2.5 gal sizes (50:1 gas/oil and ethanol free gas)...Got on sale through Atlantic British years ago for under $40 a can delivered, and they work well.Also got a pair of Chicom knockoffs for kerosene and wish I'd coughed up the extra bucks for the real thing.But these, once filled, I've had them fall over in my truck, sit through seasonal changes from -5 to 105 and the seals hold as good as a mason jar top. No spills, no evaporative loss I can measure.But the seals DO crack and "go bad" after a few years. Get extras.Well worth the expense.

NormB

The cheapest thing is probably going to be regular 3/8” or 5/16” fuel line. I use the regular 3/8” myself for testing purposes. Bought the AN to 3/8 barb adapter from Discounthydraulichose.com. Not too costly. I have the aux hoses too. Just keep them neat and tidy in the machines. If I needed that fitting fast, I would buy a -5 to #6 hose fitting and cut the outer crimp sleeve off. Force the regular hose on and use a hose clamp.
Actual part number would be helpful.When I first got an external/aux fuel line, I had to ask my brother in law (a senior/master airframe and power plant mechanic) what fitting that was. He said a 9/16 wrench fits an AN-4 fitting.Nope. Pretty sure it's AN -5, 'cause I've got a few -4 and -6 parts I'll never use sitting in a box somewhere.Just TRY and find an AN -5 fitting on the popular auction site, jungle site, summitracing or other place (discounthydraulichose.com included).Not easy.Seriously, I gave up. What exact part did you buy?Thanks.Norm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks