• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator Newbie

Rickster1915

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m the proud owner of two 803A’s and one 802A I purchased from GP. None are in working order. I’ve purchased some filters already but there are some structural items missing as well as some gages and a switch. Where do you go to purchase items like that? Is there a MEP supermarket 😂

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can browse fleabay for parts. The other option is to become a supporting member and post up a wanted list in the classified area.

Some parts are generic and easy to find but some are not. If you need a relay, those are pretty cheap. Need gauges or one of the larger multi-contact switches, grab your ankles.

Rickster1915

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can browse fleabay for parts. The other option is to become a supporting member and post up a wanted list in the classified area.

Some parts are generic and easy to find but some are not. If you need a relay, those are pretty cheap. Need gauges or one of the larger multi-contact switches, grab your ankles.
How does one become a supporting member? Never mind, I found it.

Guyfang

Staff member
Now, I would advise you to open a thread for each gen set. That way we can follow things, and help. Working on more then one gen set per thread is confusing. Post up some pictures. That way we can tell you about things wrong/missing, you may not even have seen. Then start a parts wanted thread, for each gen set. That way it keeps things simple.

Welcome to the forum!!

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would advise not trying to work on all 3 at one time. Read the TM's and figure out which one has the best chance of working and harvest parts from the others. Sometimes it works out that parts are just missing other times its a bad sign.

Rickster1915

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would advise not trying to work on all 3 at one time. Read the TM's and figure out which one has the best chance of working and harvest parts from the others. Sometimes it works out that parts are just missing other times its a bad sign.
Two of them are missing the fasteners for the skin panels. Makes me wonder why they did that and what was replaced or needs replacement. Too bad there isn't a maintenance summary. It may have just been a k-ball unit. The last unit shows 35 hours.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Good advice. You might end up cannibalizing one for another. Or you can be a fool like me and buy one for parts, only to turn around and get it running.

Welcome to the forum, this is a great group of people with a ton of knowledge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks