• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator prices

glassk

Would like some hands on on the Bigger stuff and that Cat control sytem too, Just sayin , I ain't really workin and they do interest me, The remote add on kit and things look like I may need to at least learn it, For when the Zombies start rollin, anyway,...

Aim for the head , He may be a Zombie,...:-?

stkcode

Well it looks like the insanity is continuing, I just watch 2 skid mounted MEP-002a's sell on GL nearby at Ft Polk, they did not appear to be anything special about 600 hour showing, typical looking, one showed a 6 year old reset plate which sold for $1,850 before fees, to add to the insanity, the other very similar looking one was at $2,800 when the first auction closed 45 minutes after scheduled time, and went on up to $4,100 when it closed at over an hour past scheduled closing. That is over 10 times the price I paid for my MEP-002a last year, of course mine was showing 2,200 hours on the meter, I could maybe understand high prices for fresh rebuilds, but these showed 550-600 hours and rebuild date that showed on the cheaper one was 6 years ago. It is also 4 times what I paid for my 800 hour showing MEP-003a two months ago.

Ike

see for yourself if you look soon enough

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6678993&convertTo=USD

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6679188&convertTo=USD

That's insane! Especially, since you're buying an unknown, as is and where is. The cheapest one is slightly less then I paid for an MEP-805a several months ago. It amazes me what the 002a/003a gensets go for. They aren't even the TQG version (800 series).

steelypip

I will admit looking longingly at the smaller TQGs mostly for the quietness and creature features, and would consider one if it popped up at the right price. North of $1k for a 2 generation old MEP-002A genset with 500+ hours on it, no guarantee of function, and a drying-up parts pool? Sheer insanity.