• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator suggestion

Guyfang

Staff member
The tank holds 26 gal. I have run them over 9 hours, without the set shutting down. Don't forget, the fuel consumption is figured at full load.

If I had to choose between a 005A and a 805A, I would take the 005A, every time.

Guyfang

Staff member
I remember that thread. Everyone has different needs, which makes this so much fun. I personally have structured my life so we require little power (or much less than many folks), because I do have long term concerns about the infrastructure of this country failing (either by space weather, lack of update, accident, targeted sabotage, etc).
EMP scares the heck out of me.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
EMP scares the heck out of me.
Yes sir. Anyone with a casual understanding of what that is, and how utterly dependent our world has become on electricity (food production & delivery, fuel infrastructure, medicines, pumping water, waste removal, nuclear power plant safety, etc), should have very similar fears.

I like to think I am doing my part, on some small level, in helping others get to where they need to be when I move through these machines. Knowledge is power, and power keeps the beer cold.

Bmxenbrett

How many kw is your heat?
You dont have any sump pumps or a well?[/

Its 20kw. No sumps, community well.
Wow that is quite large. You will need a generator that can put out 83 amps just for the heating element not the fan. I would be looking for another emergency heat source or a 30kw generator. Thats prety big for a residential generator.

If you have a basement thats underground at all i would leave some room in your generator plan for a sump pump even if its never been needed before.

Bmxenbrett

LIGHT hear you on that. On other forums people fight these "gov throw aways" tooth and nail. They would rathet buy a "generac"..a lawnmower in a fancy box that burns fuel like it free.

cheepsk8

Wow that is quite large. You will need a generator that can put out 83 amps just for the heating element not the fan. I would be looking for another emergency heat source or a 30kw generator. Thats prety big for a residential generator.

If you have a basement thats underground at all i would leave some room in your generator plan for a sump pump even if its never been needed before.
No basement.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LIGHT hear you on that. On other forums people fight these "gov throw aways" tooth and nail. They would rathet buy a "generac"..a lawnmower in a fancy box that burns fuel like it free.
And they also never put away the cases of oil or spare parts needed, or gain the knowledge to maintain them. They think they'll be able to swing by their local store and get what they need in a ten minute trip.....mid crisis.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just have to shake my head. I hate most of those other kind of forums... its like you are walking through a chicken house. Everyone has their opinion on things, but there is never dialogue... its just declaratory statements. Dumb chickens...

Guyfang

Staff member
Do you know for a fact that there was a milatary gen set with that engine in it? I have not worked with all the milatary gen sets, but most. I can not think of any that ever used the 207.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not familiar with that engine but a quick look online indicated it was typically used in heavy equipment such as backhoes and tractors.