• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generator/TM list?

m32825

m32835, are you active? Or NG?
No, I'm limited to public domain info.

So when a new guy shows up in the shop and he needs to get up to speed on one of these pieces of equipment, where do you have him start? I like having all the reference material available, just trying to figure out how to prioritize.

-- Carl

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own one of these "Wisconsin Robin" units. It needs new rings at a minimum. It starts Ok, but has no power. Parts availability is almost "nil" on this engine. Spent $200.00 at GL for a piece of crap. Just my opinion.
I wonder, what percentage of duds we have gotten in our GL purchase. Not even going to ask how much was spend on said dud.
I can say I have had 1 dud out of 50 invoices (not items, invoices) and 7 years of buying.
I dont classify misadvertised purchases, ie. says its window for 5t but its a side window for a 915, I have got 4 of those.

Guyfang

Staff member
M32825,

i am am working on just that sort of thing. You can find almost everything you need here in the TM's and Manuals forum. And it's a good idea to simply sit down and read. There is simply no substitute for it. Lots of info in the books, but it won't jump out at you. The biggest problem most people have, is they haven't read the books, and make simple mistakes.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M32825,

i am am working on just that sort of thing. You can find almost everything you need here in the TM's and Manuals forum. And it's a good idea to simply sit down and read. There is simply no substitute for it. Lots of info in the books, but it won't jump out at you. The biggest problem most people have, is they haven't read the books, and make simple mistakes.
I second that, because i was guilty of not paying attention to detail. The book said 1.5-2.0 ohms, i set it to 15-20 ohms, yeah it didn't work

rustystud

I wonder, what percentage of duds we have gotten in our GL purchase. Not even going to ask how much was spend on said dud.
I can say I have had 1 dud out of 50 invoices (not items, invoices) and 7 years of buying.
I dont classify misadvertised purchases, ie. says its window for 5t but its a side window for a 915, I have got 4 of those.
I average about 20% duds and 50% great and 30% alright I guess. Most of the "alright I guess" stuff is things like a 5 ton dump truck ram (NOS) and a air-compressor (NOS) that needs a 20 HP engine to run it. Someday I will get a small "Onan" connected to the air-compressor and boy will I have air pressure then ! Watch out sandblaster, here I come !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks