• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generators and Amateur radio

technoid

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you are licenced Amateur Radio operators? I am N2MIR. I work 40 meters and wondering if there are any talk nets that discuss trouble shooting generators? Or any hams who would like to just chat about technical problems over the radio?

fa35jsf

I’m licensed. W5TXD. I haven’t had the time to get on recently though. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you are licenced Amateur Radio operators? I am N2MIR. I work 40 meters and wondering if there are any talk nets that discuss trouble shooting generators? Or any hams who would like to just chat about technical problems over the radio?
Used to be "Survival Net" Sunday nights on 75m but it was qrmed off the air by a bunch of juvenile fools a couple of years ago. Never heard anyone talking about generators on 40m.

cuad4u

AD4U here in central SC. Been a ham since the late 1960's. I know several hams in my area who are active on this site. I am not aware of any nets for generators. It would be nice to have one. I have restored around 15 MEP 002A and 003A generators. I kept three for my use. I am not an expert on them by any stretch. I think a net on 40 meters is a good idea.

technoid

AD4U here in central SC. Been a ham since the late 1960's. I know several hams in my area who are active on this site. I am not aware of any nets for generators. It would be nice to have one. I have restored around 15 MEP 002A and 003A generators. I kept three for my use. I am not an expert on them by any stretch. I think a net on 40 meters is a good idea.
For now I am on 7.191 RV net 7-9amI can hear 4 and 5 stations. It's a nice friendly net. They mostly talk about the weather and their radios. Would be nice if more would check in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks