• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Generators from Indy

bigbird1

I picked up my Mep-002a made is 1990, for some reason all the filters are gone, the oil can is almost rusted through, the fuel tank is very rusty in the bottom, fuel lines are all loose and full of water. lots of sand blasting . They must of sat around for some time with no fluids in them. So check those things before you try to start it up. So its off to Napa tomorrow for filters,
anyone else try to get there generator up and running yet?

bigbird1

I picked mine up Thursday, after an oil change and some misc. parts she purrs like a kitten.

Preview,preview,preview....................
Natem, Did yours come with filters? there would have been no way to tell what the inside of the cans looked liked with them screwed on. mine was one with new paint, rebuilt in 2010 187 hours , did you have problems finding filters or did you have them on hand? Nice to hear yours works , maybe mine will have a chance.

natem

Yes, mine had filters and was overfull on oil. Most are drained of all fluids. I have filters on hand they are available at Napa and most good auto parts stores. I would strongly recommend a spin on oil filter conversion that gimpyrob suggested. I'll be ordering one soon.
To be honest I didn't preview, just took my chances like most everyone else. Some times you get lucky some times you get some expensive parts.

Nate

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I installed my spin on oil kit today. Started installing the fuel filter kit, but ran out of time. Should have pics tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks