• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Genset auctions?

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, GL lost all that business so the only reliable game in town is GP. Their supply has been very sparse lately though.

jwinner

When I saw govliquidation lost the contract and they had that last 100+ lot of generators go up, I thought that was probably my last chance to get one “cheap” due to their poor description and photos compared to govplanet - and I was right, got a perfect runnng 803 with fairly low hours for 1,400, no way I could do that on govplanet from what I have seen the last six months or so I had been looking.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got the lucky end of that dice roll. Many others (even here on SS) have not been so fortunate with GL. I am personally glad they lost the business. Am I happy that GP has a monopoly now? Nope... but they at least go through and document what you are actually buying, instead of generic photos that you hope closely match your machine.

devilphrog

I have been noticing that the auctions on GP now include single digit amounts of 803A and 802A generators these days, or even none in the weekly auctions.

jwinner

Oh yes, definitely agree with you. Part of the lower cost was the additional risk. Being able to limit myself to sets I could tell were reset helped a little, plus the demand getting spread out across so many units all ending at the same time.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I picked up in Chambersburg (its been a few months), one of the yard operators was telling me they had a couple hundred more coming 'in a few months'. I remain hopeful, but I still think we have taken a permanent turn in machine pricing.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Among other reasons but the last year storms created strong demand. Puerto Rico still does not have 100% power or reliability. I am sure many units ended up there.

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gl sold their soul, then tried to sell ours too! Fort Drum generators were junk and misrepresented! Seems like staff just didn’t care as well!! Glad there gone!! The 3 803 trailer mounts i’ve gotten out of Chamensburg gov plt were well represented and solid units! Agree they have dried up!!

dav5

I think GP is in the transitional stage and many more units are backlogged to be auctioned. Having been burned big time at Fort Drum in the past with GL I am very happy to deal with GP even though the reserve is higher. I don't think the increased prices have anything to do with the auction company. The natural disasters and the fact the word has spread about the MEP generators is what is driving the market.

smokem joe

I had really good luck with GL out of Columbus. Pictures all matched units and no funny business there. I was not happy to see them close.

gstboy69

Yo compre dos como nuevas para mi casa en Puerto Rico !!!! I bought two like new for my house in Puerto Rico!!!. I make a test of capacity and put 62 amp per phase and run like a champion. I am in the process of put the ATS with Inova Systems and Generac 100 amp ATS. Thanks to Pete of Inova for the supporting.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the increased prices have anything to do with the auction company. The natural disasters and the fact the word has spread about the MEP generators is what is driving the market.
Marketing and reputation.... I'd pay GP more for a unit that ran than GL for a "Cannot reach fan to check motor."

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Yes, GovLiquidation lost the contract.

Now, all rolling stock, and other surplus is going through GovPlanet. In this age of photos being digital, there is no reason to have just 4 photos of a unit like what GovLiquidation had. I just hope that GovPlanet moves them along. At this point, a lot of stuff is back logged. When you are talking about just generators, pictures from all sides, and all inside shots, and top, and control panel, besides a short snippet of being turned over, or started are important.

Soon the dam will break. There should be lots and lots of stuff coming soon. I hope. 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks