• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Genset filters?

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am wondering if anyone has used oil and fuel filters other than Fram, Napa, or Wix. Cross-ref tables provide a multitude of other manufacturer numbers...Baldwin, Donaldson, Fleetrite, Purolator, et al. Just a quick scan of crosses for the CH6PL shows that dimensions can differ a little. The Baldwin P80 [+ 1/16" in height, -~0.04" in OD]; the Purolator L30048 [+ 0.05" in height, +0.02" in OD]; the Donaldson P551475 [+0.06 in height, 0.04 in OD]. All are pretty close and would seem to be feasible replacements. The only pore-size info I turned up in a few minutes was for the Donaldson, 40 micrometres. Per the Wiki, the Napa/Wix have to have the tabs bent a bit. The Donaldson has grommets that extend a bit past the canister ends; the Purolator appears to have grommets that look flush. So, what sort of experiences are out there? If there is interest, I'll gin up a x-ref table for fuel and oil.

Last edited: