• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

genset with deuce multifuel engine?

TexAndy

Out of curiosity, just because the motor is an LDT or LDS, that doesn't make it multifuel does it?

I was reading about something on the duece called a "density compensator". Don't really know what that is though. The thing I read was "if the density compensator is bypassed, then only DF-2 can be used." or something to that effect.

Maybe I am way off base. Looking forward to edumacasion.

Fuel density compensator. I dunno how it works, either.

The FDC isn't the only thing that makes the LD series engines good at burning a wide array of fuels. The high compression ratio is also supposed to be a big part of it, I think.

Isaac-1

Hi Guys,
I just loadbank tested a genset at a major hospital in Central MA today with the same engine in the pictures, a White D4800T. This unit is 150kw at 120/208V 3 phase. Only loaded her to 80% or about 165 amps.....

D-Dennis

Something does not look right there, according to my math 80% load on a 150KW generator at 120/208 should be around 416 amps.

Ike

Diesel Dennis

Something does not look right there, according to my math 80% load on a 150KW generator at 120/208 should be around 416 amps.

Ike

Yes, my bad. I forgot to note we had 2 loadbanks connected and 165-170 amps per loadbank.
Good catch Ike, that will teach me to trust my memory that late at night!! :doh:

D-Dennis

Edit: loadbanks are caculated at unity power factor(1) not .8 so,
80% of 150kw is 120kw
amps x volts x 1.73 divided by 1000
333 amps x 208 volts x 1.73 / 1000 = 119.8 kw

Last edited: