• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

genuinehumveeparts.com

mrfarb

I imagine this is what happens when military orders surpass manufacturing ability. I noticed it last week.

thoner7

I hope they sell parts again soon. Who’s doing all the buying? I don’t think the US has passed any big military bill recently.

Do y’all trust parts from non-humvee specific vendors (like Mac motors etc)??? Engine parts aren’t military specific.

for example I need a new fan clutch, I found it 40% less at some other places, same part # from the manuals. the humvee shops have higher mark ups it seems.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny they still post this right below the statement they are no longer taking orders.
" Today, these same Humvee repair parts are available to you. By purchasing directly from AM General, you will receive the same high-quality, original equipment parts that our U.S. Armed Forces and allies around the world rely on to fulfill their missions." :ROFLMAO:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is not the correct fan clutch if the pic is correct. They could be the oe mfg. Use a listing like parts target to reference the nsn and see who has supplied it.

Mac motors is legit and 1st class operation.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They could also be done with the retail public and the headaches of selling direct and want to just sell to their known distributors and avoid the hassle.

thoner7

That is not the correct fan clutch if the pic is correct. They could be the oe mfg. Use a listing like parts target to reference the nsn and see who has supplied it.

Mac motors is legit and 1st class operation.
Says AM General. This is for the geared fan drive

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM general sold excess overrun stock from previous contracts, the side of the business that sold parts was essentially separate from the Production side. MAC motors was never in business to sell parts to civilians, it was to sell parts to the militar as odd as that sounds to a lot of people, this means MAC has to use TACOM approved parts and sources, hence the higher prices.
The surplus market is just that…surplus, its excess and shelf life expired items, thats why anything with rubber in it or on it is a shelf life item, once it hits its shelf life and recertification isn’t done? It’s processed out and ends up on the surplus market.
One wouldn’t think aircraft rivets would have a shelf life now would they, but in fact, for FAA certification, they do!
The lubricant has a shelf life, so when the shelf life expires? The rivets are OUT and not certified for use on aircraft any longer.
For the person with knowledge, everything can be purchased for cheaper than what a mfr or distributor can sell it for….

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks