• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia MVPA Fall Rally 2009

hopkins92

The Georgia Military Vehicle Preservation Association
Announces
The Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet
September 25 and 26, 2009
Alpharetta, Georgia USA

The GAMVPA 2009 Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet will be at American Legion Post #201, 201 Wills Road, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004. See the website: Still Serving America

Swap meet, military vehicle displays, concessions on site. No live guns or ammunition, please.

Contact: Tony Castagno, President GAMVPA; (404) 512-9221; tony.castagno@verticalthought.com or write: GA MVPA, PO Box 464206, Lawrenceville, GA 30042.

Directions: From Alpharetta, Georgia, take Old Milton Parkway (GA Hwy 120) west approximately 5 blocks and turn north on Wills Road (not Wills Drive). American Legion Post 201 is the first driveway on the west side of the road. Look for the US Army UH-1 Iroquois (“Huey”) helicopter displayed at the road.

Historic Military Vehicles FREE!!
Outdoor swap meet/vendor spaces FREE!!
Camping or RV space FREE!!
Admission is also free to the general public.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll be there, with the Mule and maybe a Deuce.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was at last years event and it was a great time.
The site is beautiful with plenty of creature comforts.
Lots of vehicles on display and plenty of trade goods for sale/swap.
I'll be there with a load of stuff.

Capt.Marion

*bump*

If anybody needs directions from the Interstate, let me know. The directions above really don't do any good since the site is virtually in downtown Alpharetta.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey Tom,

I know the swap meet spaces are free, but do I need to sign up for one or just show up? I'll need enough room for our Deuce and a table, chairs, etc.

Thanks

C

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmm...i've seen those coils in the bottom center of the pic many times WM. A feller from KY said if they were the "right hand coil" instead of the left...he would buy all you could supply. Said sumpin about refining corn...didn't really follow what he meant....;-)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
PB,

He was probably referring to an old process by which grain can be rendered into alternative fuel.
The fuel can be used in vehicles, exchanged for currency or (so I have been told) be consumed by humans.
I have four of those coils left. Enough for a large stil.........errrr........alternative fuel production device.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try and make it.
Is there anyone who might need any big stuff for the Deuce or 5 ton let me know as I will try and get it ready. Transfer. trans. axles, motors you know big stuff that does not ship cheap. I will try and post what I have in the way of towing stuff like axle clamps double and single chain and snatch blocks.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
WOW, one in October AND one in September!! I'm REALLY starting to like GA. Up north I had to wait half a year it seemed for Aberdeen and then Gilbert.

I should be there. As of now, nothing I see keeping me from making it.

Capt.Marion

WOW, one in October AND one in September!! I'm REALLY starting to like GA. Up north I had to wait half a year it seemed for Aberdeen and then Gilbert.

I should be there. As of now, nothing I see keeping me from making it.
Definitely come. The more the merrier, and everyone's welcome.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Will there be anyone there Thursday night? I am facing a logistics issue and might want to drop off our deuce and M105 on Thursday night.

Capt.Marion

Clinto-

I'd email Tony Castagno and see if he knows if anyone's coming Thursday and staying the night... his contact info's at the top of the thread.

When we were over at the site this Saturday setting things up, I think he mentioned that someone might be coming Thursday night, but I'm not sure whether that was just speculation or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks