• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia to texas, 2.5 ton

lonegunman

Where is your A3? I drove mine from Georgia to Washington state with no problems. If you have a good running truck all you need is a good service and the ability to enjoy 50mph for long periods. It got between 10-12 mpg depending on headwinds and temps.

Barrman

Yeah, you might be about the same cost to drive it since you are only looking at 700-800 miles. That is just 2 tanks of fuel.

waterguy

Thanks a bunch for the responses. The truck is in FT. Gordon Georgia. I am submitting the EUC today, so I guess I will have a little while to plan it out.

Lonegunman, wow! that must have been some road trip... This truck only has 3000 miles on it, so I would expect that it should not have any issues. It said that it is running. So no trouble, even at that distance??

Two.Five M35, no I did not see that thread...I will find it. What can you tell me about "legally" about driving this truck in Texas???

Barrman, Thanks for the info...I will keep you informed.

two.fiveM35

We don't need cdl, your regular license will cover you. Recently got mine registerd. I registered my deuce as a "Former Military Vehicle". It needs to be authentic and not modified and not a daily driver for that type of registration. The application is on TxDot's website. I opted to not get a plate and instead use my bumper number/letter combination that was painted on the truck. The cost of registration is only $10 a year and you do not have to get it inspected. It took 2 clerks and 4 calls to Austin to get mine registered. Do your homework before you go in, because they may never have done or seen one before.

Search Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks