• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

German M1078 - need some Help on dif Topics

perplexTom

First hello to all.
I am Tom, I live in Germany and have for about 4 weeks a LMTV M1078 1997. In my opinion, the LMTV is in a good condition (has only 4800 miles) and i thinkt most of it functions so far. But I already have some problems to it, where I may hope some tips from you and secondly I have a few things for the admission in germany to change, also here I hope on tips. I think i have one of maybe 3 or 4 in Germany yet.

1. Problems with CTIS.
I know the other posts already but could not find answer for me. My original unit (PN673204) had not worked (all LEDs light up solid, without any movement of the CTIS system), now I have already ordered another ECU which is (loud sellers) from a MRAP (PN676697). First, the good thing - this unit works and also the rest of the system seems to work. It deflate pressure and build up pressure again in all wheels. Now to the problem HWY-Mode goes the pressure up to about 80 PSI (+/- 5PSI) which would be in terms of fuel consumption ok (or?), however, in all other modes (X-C, Sand, Emer) it go's up or better down on approx. 55 PSI. From X-C to sand, it blows again very briefly but remains basically the same on 55 psi (+/- 5PSI)The following questions:

A: Do you think the unit is generally usable in the LMTV?
B. Can this be re-programmed with the dana software and the adapter?
C: Will this unit also be ok with the latest diagram for the y-adapter?
D: Can the software also programm the highest speed for each mode?

2. Conversion for the German admission.
Unfortunately, I have to convert some things so I get a permit. The lightings is also affected by this. I already upgraded the front lights. I probably only need to change the color on the front marker lights to white. Now to my biggest problem with the lighting - I have to separate the rear blinker (turn lights) from the brake light. This means new rear blinker in orange and the brake light are not allowed to flash when blinking. For the rear blinker, I could go paralell on the front blinker i think - so check on this. But I still do not know how I decouple the brake light from the blinker. Has someone a tip for me?

I would later set some pictures and want to document the conversion to the overlander something.
Oh yes exactly - this is what i have in mind for the LMTV, it should get an overlander.
I hope i write everything understandable because i am not nativ in english and don't miss any rules of the board.

With kind regards
Tom

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You would have to come off one of the brake light switches and go to a relay bypassing the light switch and blinker control to get solid brake lights with the turn signal on. If you run the brake lights as a separate circuit then you could disconnect them from the main light circuit and the rear turn signals should operate how you want them to. You would unplug that lead on each side and connect to your new turn signals.