• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

German Wiesel

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are cute, and quite zippy from my understanding. And it would fit in the bed of your 1078. :p

I want the Boxer behind it in the first picture!

Cheers

B3.3T

I got to drive one a few years back. VW diesel. Fun to drive. They used them in Afghanistan. No plans to ever surplus, though.

jdmcm

Never say never...almost every vehicle that "never" will be surplussed have a few slip out....keep an eye on Milweb...that is where they will show up if they do

AAVP7

Sorry to revive this old thread. Never say never, that´s right..... Seems like the german army is now upgrading from Wiesel 1 to Wiesel 2, and in the process, 15 Wiesel 1 hulls were (accidentially ?) sold before the authorities stopped that. The hulls are cut into six pieces and totally empty.
I stood in front of one of those hulls today, and the cuts on that one were done very nicely and thoughtful. They were even so nice to cut between the anti-slip pads, so not to burn them. Definitely restorable !

However, finding parts for these will be a nightmare. The engine and the transmission are more or less standard Audi, but anything else will probably take years to collect.
As far as I heard, all 15 hulls are already taken up by german collectors (being used only by our Fallschirmjaeger paratroopers, these are highly sought after), so little chance to get one at the moment.
I offered my buddy who bought this to help him with the restoration, so I´ll keep you updated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks