• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a Title for Trucks that have no year or model listed

PROSTOCKTOM

I have been thinking about buy another M35A2 and have noticed that a lot of them for sale have no known year or make listed in the auction.

So in this case how can one abtain a title to register it for road use If it doesn't show what year and make it is?

Thanks

Tom

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If buying from GL, you have to wait until you have picked up the truck before you can order the SF-97. NEVER go buy what the auction posting has listed. There is a good chance it is wrong.

If the truck was from Army, CARNAC may be able find the date of manufacture for you.

Also from the VIN number you can get clse to the year of manufacture.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
All the info you will need to give to GL to get the SF 97 should be on the data plate screwed to the dash on the passenger side.

I have heard that you can get blank data plates and stamp whatever you want on them......but keep in mind that there is a number stamped into the frame that should match the number on the plate.

jaymcb

I would have said 1980! 25yr old trucks can get historical plates here. Much cheaper that way.
Remarkably, my 109 is registered as a 1985 for THAT VERY REASON :)

Of course, due to the Byzantine Registry rules in the Commiewealth of MA, I ended up registering it as a camper, so no jackwagon could complain about a 15,000 pound vehicle parked at a residence. RV's are CDL and weight limit exempt. When I had my boiler serviced yesterday, the tech said 'nice camper' :D

I had a CDL for years, but the cost to register and insure that vehicle as commercial (and there is no personal use only commercial in MA) was more than SIX TIMES as expensive. aua

SO I'll keep my camper, thank you very much. :beer:

The breeze is fine when the windows are open.