• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a title in MO for a M35

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No title run as fast as you can , tell him when he gets a title to call you. A good chance you will end up with a parts truck at best , or it could be stolen and you lose everything. Even if he comes up with a title make sure the V.I.N. numbers match the frame numbers.

EDIT : If it was easy he would have a title.

Last edited:

Stein12501

I'm guessing it would be tough. I think it can be done but a lot of leg work, phone calls and trips to the Highway Patrol office. The last truck I titled I had to have the VIN verified and all kinds of title problems and thats with a SF-97. Best of luck.

Flyingvan911

I agree. My deuce had a 17 digit VIN when I got of from GL. They sent an Arizona title. Mine was a piece of cake. Look for one that is already titled. No title can mean big trouble.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love all the armchair advice about titles.

The real answer is this. Call your local DMV/Tag Office/Tax office and find out. The "no title run away" cookie cutter answer some give isn't correct. There's several means of titling/tagging vehicles that are state dependent.

I don't even have titles for 3 of my MV's and two of my trailers. Simply because the state doesn't need or issue them here. There's also a number of legal ways of getting a mechanic's lien to get a title or a bonded title route as well if your local law dictates it.

Again the real answer is, do your homework.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love all the armchair advice about titles.

The real answer is this. Call your local DMV/Tag Office/Tax office and find out. The "no title run away" cookie cutter answer some give isn't correct. There's several means of titling/tagging vehicles that are state dependent.

I don't even have titles for 3 of my MV's and two of my trailers. Simply because the state doesn't need or issue them here. There's also a number of legal ways of getting a mechanic's lien to get a title or a bonded title route as well if your local law dictates it.

Again the real answer is, do your homework.
But It all starts with a vin inspection to see if it's already titled or stolen .

gerrykan

I live in Missouri, and have messed with vehicles for a lot of years.
It will be extremely hard(read nearly impossible) to get a title.
There are a couple of legal ways but the State will not cooperate with you in most cases, and you will have to have plenty of time available to try to get them to do their job.
My advice is to find a vehicle with a transferrable title.
Here is a link to the laws regarding titling vehicles in Missouri: http://www.moga.mo.gov/htmlpages/Indexnewtest2.html

Edit: The link won't take you to the exact page, so click on MO Statutes on the left sidebar. Then View all statutes from the drop down. Then click on XIX MOTOR VEHECLES, WATERCRAFT AND AVIATION. Then Registration and Licensing of Motor Vehicles.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I live in Missouri, and have messed with vehicles for a lot of years.
It will be extremely hard(read nearly impossible) to get a title.
There are a couple of legal ways but the State will not cooperate with you in most cases, and you will have to have plenty of time available to try to get them to do their job.
My advice is to find a vehicle with a transferrable title.
Here is a link to the laws regarding titling vehicles in Missouri: http://www.moga.mo.gov/htmlpages/Indexnewtest2.html
Hmmm, the Missouri bonded title process works like the Georgia one. I've bonded titles on a few vehicles in GA.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C300-399/3010000192.HTM

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yes, Bonded title isn't a one stop shopping event. You have to go to your insurance company, get the bond, go to the police, have the number ran, then go to the DMV to apply.

91W350

You have a friend in Kansas? 1978 or older truck? Kansas will issue an antique title on a bill of sale. Will need a State Trooper VIN inspection, one of the best laws we ever passed! Has to be 35 years old or older....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks